You know why raw veggies and fruits are so essential for our body , because few vitamins are only found in living things, like plants and animals. Human body can not manufacture or synthentize vitamins.Few belive that vitamins can replace food, but that’s not true. Vitamins must be supplied in our body through diet or manmade dietery suppliments.That is why it is must to include them in our meal.
Vitamins are very essential for our body. It helps our body to function properly, for growth, energy and for our general well-being. The B group vitamins are a collection of eight water- soluable vitamins essential for various metabolic processes. B group vitamins also enable our body to turn the food we eat into energy. Healthy supplies of vegetables and adding these vegetables in our diet will help us to meet B complex vitamin needs.
Today I am sharing a recipe, whose ingredients carry vitamin B5. Watermnelon, oat, yoghurt are full in vitamin B5. Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) helps your body to produce & realese harmones normally. panthothenic acid is needed to metabolise carbohydrates, protein, fats and alcohol as well as produce red blood cells and steroid hormones.
Watermelon utthapam is a savoury recipewith a fruity twist. Must make it when watermelons are on season . It looks very beautiful and it can be a part of your daily breakfast. Kids as well as elders can enjoy it with any spicy chutney.It would be perfect with garlic red chilli chutney or hot tomato chutney or green chutney.So don’t be late to try this recipe and surprise your family member.
- Semolina/sooji – 1 & 1/4th cup
- Oat – ½ cup
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Ginger & green chilli paste – 2 tsp
- Fresh Watermelon juice – 2 cups
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Fruit salt – 3/4th tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for making utthapam
For topping ::
- Onion – 1 big
- Capsicum – ½ no
- Carrot – 1 small
METHOD OF PREPRATION ::
- Lightly whip yoghurt in a mixing bowl.
- Then add 1 &1/2 cup watermwlon juice, salt, ginger green chilli paste and chilli powder, mix well.
- Add semolina and oat, mix with a spatualla. Leave aside for 1 hour.
- After resting time, finely slice the onion and capsicum.
- Finely chop the curry leaves and grate the carrot,
- To the batter add another 1/4th cup watermelon juice, finely chopped curry leaves , mix with a spatualla.
- The batter should be of pourable consistancy, if not add more watermelon juice to adjust the consistancy.
- Now heat a griddle/tawa, brush lightly with oil.
- Pour laddle full of batter on the hot griddle, sprinkle grated carrot, arrange sliced capsicum,sliced onion on the top, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Leave it for few seconds till one side turns redish pink.
- Then flip it and cook it for 10 seconds.
Don’t over cook.
- Make utthapam with remaining batter.
- Enjoy these lovely colourful utthapam with any spicy chutney.
- Add red chilli powder accroding to your tolerance.
- You can use baking powder and baking soda incase fruit salt isn’t available.
- Add ¾ th tsp of baking powder and 1/4th tsp of baking soda to replace the fruit salt.
- You can use any of your favourite vegetable as topping.
- Add few grated carrot to the batter to make it more colourful.