Spinach is a good source of iron.. And normally kids doesn’t want to have this.. There are few ways to make the spinach a tasty dish. Here is my version of one dish.. The non appe user may deep fry this..
- potatoes 1no (boiled, peeled)
- Oat 1/2cup
- Boiled corn 1/4th cup
- Spinach a handful (chopped)
- Coriander leaves 2tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli 2no (finely chopped)
- Chat masala 1/2tsp
- Amchoor masala 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder 1tsp
- pepper powder 1/8tsp
- Grated ginger a little
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation ::
- Mash potatoes well with a help of potato masher.
- mix oat, boiled corn with mashed potatoes.
- Add spinach, coriander leaves, grated ginger and all the dry masalas.. .Mix everything well. .
- Make lemon size balls out of it..
- Heat appe pan.
- Add 1/4 tsp of oil in each appe area.. Then place the balls.. Cover it for sometime.
- keep the flame low. let the balls to b turns brown in one side.
- Drizzle little oil on each appe then turn around..
- When both sides are seems brown in colour remove it from appe pam.
- Take them out and serve with coriander chutney.