You must have heard about many types of vanilla cake. Even I have already shared a lot of variety of cakes in my blog before. Vanilla cakes are obvious the basic cakes . They can be modified the way you want them to be. Here are few examples of vanilla cakes.
Cherry cupcakes, Dimpled plum cake, Vanilla raisins cake , whole wheat walnut cake & thandai cupcakes.
The base is vanilla base where cherries, plum even dry fruits, nuts or choco chips are added and given a different name. Well, there are endless ways of making vanilla cakes. You must have tried few recipes that might have come out well or some might have been a big disaster for you.
I got many messages that their cakes don’t turn out well, cake sinks after cooling down, cake sinks in middle. So before attempting any recipe, please keep below points in mind so that your cake turns out well next time.
- Take proper measure of ingredients
- Every ingredients should be in room temperature
- Preheat the oven/OTG.
- Sieve the dry ingredients from a height at least for 3-4 times.
- Follow the exact method of recipe.
- Always mix with a balloon whisk and fold with a spatula.
- Do not over mix the cake batter.
- Grease the tin well.
- Always fill the cake tin up to 3/4th.
- Tap well before putting the tin into the oven.
- Do not open the Door of Oven/Otg for the first 20 minutes of baking time.
And last but not the least, every oven and otg are different and having different temperature settings. So either you use an oven thermometer or attempt for 3-4 times and find out your right temperature for baking.
This vanilla cake recipe is derived from my eggless raisin cake recipe. This is a no fail and full prove cake recipe. Few members have already tried this recipe and it came out best for them. So wishing a good luck for the beginners and for expert it will definitely come out well. There is no baking soda, no butter ,no eggs and no Curd in this recipe .Still this is a super moist cake. The photos are not doing justice to the softness of the cake. You won’t believe until you make it.