Makar sankranti is the harvest festival celebrated throughout India. It is a very auspicious day for Hindus. The harvest season when the Sun enters the Tropic of Capricorn or ‘Makar’. It usually coincides with 14th or 15th of January every year corresponding to the month of ‘Magh’ according to the Hindu solar calendar.
This day is a symbol of beginning of the summer season . Hindu people celebrate this festival with great devotion . This festival is celebrated thoughout India in different forms. People enjoy Makar Sankranti with delicious sweets. on the special occasion we decided to make some dishes which can be prepared on the eve of Makar Sankranti. So here are few dishes made by our Healthy Wellthy group.
- Bhogichi Bhaji by Rupali Kadam – https://hellomomy.blogspot.com/2017/01/bhogichi-bhaji.html
- Rose Gulkand Phirni by Shalu jain – https://sunnyfamilykitchenette.com/Dish_Details.aspx?id=4142
- Ellu Holige/ Til Poli/ Sesame seeds- Jaggery sweet breads by Neelima katti – https://www.slicesnspices.com/ellu-holige-til-poli-sesame-jaggery-sweetbread.html
- Sesame seed burfi by Sarika singh – https://sonicuisine1.blogspot.ae/2017/01/til-sesame-seeds-burfi.html
- Punjabi winter delicacy by Minni arora – https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthybloghop/permalink/1905098923056830/
- Noler gurer patisapta by Shibani hota – https://goldenspices.co.in/recipe/noler-gurer-patisapta/