Who loves to make cookies, I do. I bake cookies once in a week. Because my kid loves to have cookies. A serious concern nowadays is how our eating habits can affect our health. That’s why keeping a good food habit is very necessary . I never let my kid to eat store brought food. My kid is 3 years old and she loves chewing foods, specially cookies, rusk , breads and buns. Eventually she never loves to have same cookies repeatedly. That’s why I always change the flavor and shape.
A batch of biscuits or cookies cooling on a wire tray is a lovely treat to come home to. These lemony cookies are perfect surprise for kids after returning from the school. These lemon flavor cookies are very easy to make and can be made within 30 minutes. These are simply perfect for tiffin box.
- All purpose flour – 1 & 1/4 th cup
- Butter – 55 gram
- Egg – 1 no
- Sugar – 1/4th + 2 tbsp
- Lemon zest – from 2 lemons
- Lemon essence – ½ tsp
- Yellow food colour – 2 drops
- Powder sugar (for coating) – ½ cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Cream sugar, butter and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Beat till the mixture turns light and creamy.
- Add food colour, lemon essence and lemon zest.
- Beat for a while and add flour.
- Mix with a spatualla.
- Cover the bowl with cling film.refregerate it for an hour.
- After resting time is over, preheat the oven at 190’c for 10 minutes.
- Start shaping cookies and roll these with powder sugar.
- Place the cookies on a greased baking trey .
- Keep some distance between the cookies, then bake these for exactly 20 minutes
- Till the colour changes slightly, but don’t over bake.
- Cool these cookies are enjoy.