Jamun or Black plum is a summer fruit, which is usually available in between June to September. Actually in India jamuns are available usually in rainy season. They are called as Black plum because they have a dark purple to almost black skin with a starkly contrasting pink or white flesh. The flesh is extremely juicy and has a flavor that combines sweet and tart with a slightly astringent aftertaste. They are normally eaten fresh. Because of the astringent taste, the dark berries are often eaten with a sprinkle of salt when fresh.
Apart from being juicy and delicious in taste this fruit carries many health benefits. They are beneficial in diabetic, good for skin ,treats ulcer and many more.
We always wonder how ice-cream can be made without heavy cream. Since Amul cream .which is easily available in markets didn’t gave rich, creamy texture to the ice cream. If you want same taste and texture like restaurants and ice cream parlors have, you need to use heavy whipping cream.
Here I am sharing a easy method for making ice cream at home. you can get the parlous like taste and texture without using any heavy whipping cream. Even I used single cream that too in very less amount. In this process you don’t need any electricity beater also. So try this easy recipe and I am sure you are going to lose your grip after trying and having this.
- Full fat milk – 1 cup
- Jamun pulp – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Skimmed milk powder- 3 tbsp
- Cream – 2 -3 tbsp (I used Amul)
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 1 & ½ tbsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Combine ½ cup of milk and corn flour , stir to dissolve well .set aside.
- Mix skimmed milk powder with 2tbsp of warm milk and set aside.
- Combine another ½ cup of milk and sugar in a heavy bottom pan.
- Transfer it go gas flame, turn on the fire.
- Stir till sugar dissolves in milk, then add milk and corn flour mixture.
- Cook by stirring continuously on slow flame till it coats back of the spoon.
- Take it out of flame and let it be cool.
- After cooling down whip the mixture till it seems creamy, add cream (I used thick part of amul cream), skimmed milk solution , jamun pulp, vanilla essence and continue whipping it for 30 seconds more.
- Till everything is well combined.
- Transfer it to a airtight container , close the lid, freeze it for 5 hours.
- Again blend the mixture and pour in the air-tight container, freeze it for 8 – 10 hours till the ice cream sets.
- To make jamun pulp, roughly chop the jamuns ,discard the seeds and make paste out of it.
- Open the packet of amul cream, refrigerate it for 4 hours . you will get the thick cream collecting on the top.
- You can skip adding vanilla essence.