As we all know Holi is the Festival of great joy and gaiety. It is the most entertaining festival. People celebrate this festival with variety of colours and therefore it is known as the festival of colour.
Holi is celebrated at the end of winter and indicates the beginning of spring. In this season , Mother Nature shows her real beauty and its a delight to move around. The day before holi is called small holi aka Choti Holi. On this day people sing and dance around fire. The evil spirit, symbolized by all those dead leaves, twigs, dirt and filth that collects during the winter months, is thrown up in the fire. Quite a spring cleaning indeed!
To celebrate this day, people make a lot of dishes and enjoy them after being tired of playing Holi and throwing colour on each other. There are few special dishes which can be termed as Holi Delight. This time we, the members of Healthy wellthy group decided to share some Holi base recipes . So here are few recipes which you can try on this auspicious occasion of Holi and enjoy with family and friends.
- Thandai – the coolant drink by Rosy Nayak
- Thanadi masala – by Soma Mukherjee
- Gujhiya – by Sarika singh
- Holi special platter (luchi, oilless chole with rawa kesri) – by Minni Arora
- Thandai drink with Homemade Thandai powder – by Shalu Jain
- Eggless Thandai cookies – by Shibani hota
- coconut karanji – by Rupali Kadam
Here are few other recipes for Holi
- Thandai cheesecake
- Thandai cupcakes
- colourful Ghujiya
- Thandai phirni
- Quick & easy Thandai masala