Grand maa is a special person in everyone’s life..she is like angel for us . She holds a special space in our heart. We still remember her love and affection. Her recipes and dishes are simply awesome.
Do you love the dishes made by your grandmother????? Her dishes are always special with a loving touch. Those dishes are still in your mind and you are dying to go to the past and have that dish.
The secret behind these recipes is freshly ground masala, their labour and lots of love. Thus the original taste is unforgetable.
I rememeber my grand maa as a very loving soul ,who made some yummiest fish dishes and tastiest chicken curry. Though she left us more than a year ago but she is still living in my heart as a loving and doting grand maa.
Here I am delivering you my grandmaa’s special recipe . This chicken curry is juicy, little spicy and made with some selected spices. It is the first recipe which I learnt from my grand maa. When she was alive, she has tried her best to pass her tips and techiniques to me. Following her footstep I nailed her recipe within 3 -4 attempts. This is a dish which would go perfect with anything. whether it’s pulkhas or parathas or rice, the curry will be the best accompaniment . So here is prersented Rasheela chicken (my grand mother’s speciality), I hope my readers will enjoy the dish. Try this dish and don’t forget to leave your valuable feedbacks.
YIELD :: 6 serving
Preparation time :: 1 hour
Cooking time :: 45 minutes
- Chicken – 1 kg
For marinating ::
- Hung curd – 6 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped ) – 4 no
- Green chilles (crushed) – 2 no
- Lemon – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chicken masala (use any brand ) – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Fresh garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
For gravy ::
- Onion (medium) – 3 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomatoes (big) – 2 no
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Sugar – ¼ th tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 2 cup
- Oil – 6 tbsp
Masala to be powdered::
- Cloves – 4 no
- Star anise – ½ no
- Dry red chillies – 3 no
- Cardamom – 3 no
- Peppercorn – 5 no
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Wash chicken pieces and strain all the water.
- To the chicken pieces add all the ingredients listed under marination.
- Mix well and leave it for an hour.
- Before you prepare gravy, finely slice the onion, make a paste of tomato and set aside.
- Warm up the whole spices , blend in a mixie, make fine powder.
- Heat oil in a kadhai .when oil comes to smoky hot , add onion slices and fry till the onion turns into golden brown in colour.
- Keep some brown onion for garnishing, add ginger garlic paste to the remaing onions .
- Add salt & turmeric , Fry till the raw smell of masala vanishes.
- Add chicken pieces along with the marinade.
- Fry the chicken with masala in high flame till all the water evaporate from the chicken pieces , and pieces turn brown in colour.stir occasionally.
- It may takes 5-7 minutes. But this step is very important.
- Then reduce the flame to medium, add tomato paste, along with chilli powder.
- Cook till the masala leaves oil.
- Add powdered masala and continuoulsy cook for another 2 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Add 2 cups of warm water , stir the chicken once, cover with a lid.
- Add more water if required.
- Cook till the chicken pieces turns tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and water quantity as per your chioce .
- Add sugar and switch off the flame.
- Its done now.
- Add golden fried onions and serve hot.
- You can serve it with rice or pulao or paratha.