Shortbread cookies are extremely easy to make. No fuss , no extra ingredients needed, just with few basic ingredients the wonderfully delicious shortbread cookies can be prepared. These are egg free and baking powder, baking soda free.
When I saw cherries offseason, I could not stop myself to pick them up. I rush for making some cookies and cuppies. These delicious cherries are also packed with full of health-benefits , nutrients and unique antioxidants.
Making these shortbread cookies let you add few berries in your diet. What can be better way to have these red cherries in form of some cookies . these cookies are simply amazing, buttery and melt in mouth type.so don’t hesiate to try this simple and quick cookie recipe.
yield – 15 to 17 cookies
- All purpose flour – 1 cup + 2 tbsp extra
- Castor sugar – 4 tbsp
- Butter – 1 stick
- Fresh cherries (chopped) – 3 tbsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Finely chop cherries and powder the sugar, keep aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 170’c for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of flour and butter in a wide bowl. Rub butter lightly into the flour.
- Add powder sugar mix well.
- Add chopped cherries, mix with the flour mixture.
- Add 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and knead lightly to a dough.
- Roll out into 1/8” thick on a floured surface.
- Prick and cut the cookies with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Then bake it for 15-20 minutes till the colour changes slightly.
- Take out the cookies from the oven, cool these completely and enjoy .