Sooji or semolina is a good source of carbohydrates .this halwa is colourful and attractive. Sometimes parents need has to think beyond the regular food ,kids are so choosy nowadays. And whenever its comes to beetroot we always think so much ‘what to cook with beetroot’.its a healthy vegetable and i always use this vegetable just to give colour to some dishes.
This idea comes to my mind when I noticed my little fussy eater loves halwa but doesn’t want to have beetroot. First I prepared this dish without lemon juice but I noticed she doesn’t like the bland taste of beetroot ,so after that I ve added little lemon juice and she just love the taste.its upto you do u want to add lemon juice or not.
- Sooji/semolina 1cup
- Beetroot puree 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar 3/4th cup
- Lime juice 1/4tsp (Optional)
- Nuts 2-3tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
- water ½ cup
- oil/ghee 3-4tbsp
METHOD OF PREPARITION:
- i have prepared beetroot puree by adding water to beetroot and just grinded it and strained after that.
- Mix Water and beetroot puree,keep aside.
- Heat oil and roast nuts till it sturns golden brown . take it out and Keep aside.
- In the same oil ,add semolina and Roast sooji in low flame till its slightly changes the colour and realeses the nice aroma.
- Simultaneously boil prepared beetroot water mixture with sugar.
- Let the sugar dissolves completely add lime juice.Stir a little, Add cardamom powder,and switch off the flame.
- Add previously fried broken nuts to fried sooji,stir and mix.
- Now add sugar water solution to sooji and stir continuously So that no lumps will be formed.
- Keep stirring till sooji leaves sides of the pan.
- Stir for 1-2minutes more. it’s done now.
- Garnish with nuts..
- the quantity of the sugar can be adjusted according the sweetness you want.
- As I have said lemon juice is completely optional.without lemon juice the halwa is delicious.
- If you want to add nuts as garnishing then don’t mix these as the time of preparation.
- Almonds also can be used .blanch the almonds and slice it finely.