Good eating habits are the key in maintaining and improving our health . Of course, staying active plays an important role in our life, but eating the wrong kind or quantity of food could jeopardize our health. Therefore, having good eating habits are far more important than just staying active to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The best eating habits that you can develope are the ones that allow you to enjoy what you eat, and at the same time provide you with a balanced diet and good variety of wholesome food.
Wheat is the most commonly and highly eaten cereal around the world. Wheat is eaten in many forms and one of the most famous is bread form. Wheat is also consumed as biscuits, cookies, cakes, breakfast cereal, noodles and pasta. I always wanted to try using whole wheat flour for my daughter.
This is 42nd foodie Monday and our theme is to cook something for kids.When it comes to food for kids , there are thousand of choices to choose from . Here is a healthy cake that you can give to your kids in their snack box or in the evening with their glass of milk.
My daughter loves this cake . As this cake is made with wheat flour I never hesitate to make this cake again and again. Preparation time of this egg-less chocolate cake is just 10 minutes and the best part of this cake is you need only two mixing bowl and a baloon whisk. Utensils required were minimum and my kitchen was left absolutely clean.
And I am sure everybody will ask for the recipe after eating it. And they get surprise that it’s a whole wheat flour cake.
these kid-friendly recipe is perfect for your next family baking adventure!
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 3 tbsp
- Powder sugar – ¾ th cup
- (I took half brown sugar half castor sugar to make powder )
- Butter / Oil – 1/4th cup
- (I used oil)
- Curd – 6 tbsp
- Baking powder – 2 & ½ tsp
- Walnut – a handful
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Warm water – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Grease a 7” tin with oil , set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180’c for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle little flour with walnuts , mix so that the flour coated well with walnut pieces.
- Shift together wheat flour,milk powder, baking powder and salt.
- Beat soften butter/ oil with powder sugar, add curd and beat till the mixture seems creamy.
- Add shifted ingredients and fold gently.
- Add 2 tbsp of warm water if the mixture seems dry, add more if scenery.
- The water quantity depends on quality of the flour, so add till you get a pour-able batter.
Finally fold with flour coated walnuts.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin , tap for 2 times.
- Bake the cake at 170’c for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean .
- Let it cool and transfer it on a wire rack.
Cut and enjoy.