Uthapam is a south Indian dish.. Which is served as a snack. I make it for my kid who doesn’t want to have sooji. Sooji or semolina is a good source of carbohydrate and oat is a good source of fiber.
- Sooji 1 cup
- Oat 1/2 cup
- Curd (thick) 1/2cup
- Onion 1 medium (finely sliced
- Carrot 1 small (grated)
- Capsicum 1/2no (finely sliced)
- Green chillies 2no (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves 1tbsp (chopped)
- Curry leaves 1 spring
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar or lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Mix sooji and oat in a bowl.
- Add curd and sufficient water to soak sooji & oat.
- Rest it for an hour.
- Mix grated carrot, sliced onion,sliced capsicum, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Check the water in sooji oat mixture.. Add water and salt. Mix well.
- Take vinegar or lemon juice in a bowl add baking soda and stir, immediately pour this with the batter.
- Add baking powder and mix well.. Stir vigorously. It will rise a little.
- Add veggies and mix well. Pour water if required. Batter should be little thicker than dosa batter.
- Heat a pan /tawa. Grease with oil add laddle of batter and make like pancakes.
- Cover it with lid. Leave for 1 minute. Then turn it. Leave for 20-30 second and take it out.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Serve with any spicy chutney.
- Take any veggies of your choices.
- You too can add chopped tomatoes, grated curliflower, blanched beans, spring onions etc.
- In this receipe Oat too can b avoided. Add 1 1/2 cup sooji with 3/4cup curd.
- Mixing veggies with batter isn’t compulsory.. It can be spread on top.