- Full fat milk 1litre
2.Lemon juice 2tbsp
3.Yellow food colour 1drop
4.Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
5.Nakuldana 12-13 no
For sugar Syrup ::
- Sugar 1cup
- Water 3cups
- Kesar few strands
- Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
First of all, we need to make paneer :-
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan stirring continuously. When milk started boiling keep the flame low and Remove the cream forms above the milk. Let it boil for sometime.
- Switch off the flame and Add lemon juice, stir to mix well. Milk will curdle and the milk & whey will begin to split.
- Now strain the cottage cheese in a cheese cloth lined above the strainer.wash it with under tap water. It will remove the smell of lemon juice.
- Tie the cheese cloth and squeeze as much as possible to drain the excess water. Leave it for an hour, allow the water drained completely.
- Now take the prepared cottage cheese, and transfer it to a clean kitchen counter, add yellow food colour, cardamom powder and knead it for 10 minutes until all the cottage cheese comes together to forms a dough and palms looks oily.
- Divide it into equal size balls. You ll get 10 big size or 12-13 medium sized rosogolla.
- Stuff the cottage cheese balls with a Nakuldana and shape these into equal roundels, ensure that there should be no crack.
- Keep these aside.
- In a pressure cooker add water, sugar, kesar and cardamom powder and boil till sugar melts.
- Carefully put the prepared cottage cheese balls into the sugar syrup.
- You don’t need to add all the balls at a time. There should be enough space so that cottages cheese balls will expand.
- After 15 minutes switch off the flame and wait for 10 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker and carefully take out the rosogolla from the sugar syrup.
- Put these in cold water and again add rest of the balls and cook it till done.
- This time if your sugar syrup seems thick add 3-4tbsp of water, let it boil then add the cottage cheese balls.
- Close the pressure cooker ,keep the flame high and wait for one whistle. Then keep the flame low and cook till 15minutes.
- Boil the sugar syrup for sometime and let it be little thick.
- Remove it from the flame and pour in a bowl.
- Wait till sugar syrup becomes warm. Add the rassogula and keep in refrigirator for 4-5 hour.
- For curdling the milk vinegar, whey or curd can be added.
- Afrer straining the paneer, washing is necessary to rinse off the lemon smell.
- Tie the paneer in cheese cloth until the water drains out. You too can keep this above a colander and keep a heavy thing on it to drain the excess water.
- Kneading part is very important to get a good rosogolla.
- Yes, the food colour is optional. You can avoid it to get a white rosogolla.
- When forming balls be very careful, if there will be a single crack the cottage cheese balls will broke in sugar Syrup.
- Put the rosogolla in enough cold water so that they will retain there share.
- Add the rassogula into the sugar syrup when sugar syrup is warm not hot otherwise it will broke.
- Nakuldana is used for creating a hollow inside the cottage cheese balls. It can be avoided.