Rawa /sooji 1cup
pineapple 1cup (finely chopped)
Sugar 3/4th cup
water 3 cups
cashews, raisins 4 tbsp
kesar a few strands (soaked in warm water)
yellow food colour. 2drops (optional)
cardamom powder 1/4th tsp
METHOD OF PREPARITION :
- Boil the pineapple pieces with water for 5-6minutes. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Heat ghee, roast the dry fruits lightly and keep aside.
- In the same oil roast rawa till you get a nice aroma…Rawa colour will be changed slightly.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add water mixed with pineapples chunks and stir continuously.
- Add saffron soaked in warm water and nuts, keep stirring.
- Add sugar and keep stirring. It will be slightly watery.
- Stir till Kesari leaves sides of the pan. It’s ready to serve now.
- Kesar itself gives a nice colour to this dish.
- Quantity of sugar depends on sweetness of pineapple.If pineapple is less sweet you can increase the amount of sugar.
- I like nuts to be served top of the Kesari. You can do the same.