Boondi ladoos are also known as mootichoor ladoos. The only difference is in motichoor ladoos the boondies are fried in ghee (clarified butter).these are just perfect to celebrate any occasion .
Very easy to make and tasty to eat. It’s use in poojas and various functions.so why not to make it at home. Read notes written below the recipe carefully. Its contains few tips, which will help you to get perfect ladoo.
yield – 35 ladooes
For boondis –
- Besan /gram flour – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Food Colour – a little
- Soda bi carbonate – 1/4 th tsp
- water – 1 & 1/4th (approx)
- oil / ghree – for deep frying
For sugar Syrup :-
- Sugar – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4th cup
- Cardamom – a few
- Charmagaj – 4 tbsp
- Cashews – 6 to 7pc
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- In a bowl sieve gram flour,food colour and baking soda together.
- Add water gradually and mix well.
- Make a lumps free and fee flowing batter.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, ghee should be hot enough,but not smoking hot.
- Drop this batter through a perforated spoon (flame should be high).
- Rub the batter with the back of a spoon and tap the perforated spoon on the rim of kadai.
- Then lower the flame.
- Fry for one to two minutes.
- Take them out.
- Prepare sugar syrup with sugar water of 1 thread consistency.
- Add cardamom powder to the syrup. And fried boondis into syrup.Mix boondis to the syrup.
- Add chopped cashew and charmagaj (melon seeds).Mix well.
- So that syrup coats boondis and dry fruits completely.
- Keep aside..
- Transfer this mixture to a grinder jar, when this is still warm and Grind coarsely with 1tbsp of warm water for 2-3 seconds.
- Pour this in a plate..
- Apply oil in ur hands and immediately form round shape ladoos.
- Keep ladoos in a separate plate and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- I have divided the batter into 3portions and added 3 different colours.but single colour can be used.
- Kesar will give a nice aroma to these boondis.
- Add few strands if kesar in sugar Syrup for unique taste.
- When frying boondis temperature matters a lot.
- At the time of pouring boondis keep flame high. But fry the boondis in low flame.
- fry the boondis in ghee.use a perforated spoon with small holes.
- Grind the boondis when boondis are little warm, and make balls out of them immediately.
- If it will come to room temperature, formation of balks will be difficult.
- Don’t Gring the boondis like a paste. Just grind it for few seconds.