Mango shrikhand or Amrakhand is creamy, silky smooth, sweet, refreshing and cold dessert. This luscious & indulgent dish is a sure winner for mango lovers.
Amrakhand is a simple recipe using minimal ingredients. No fancy ingredients are used, but still Amrakhand is fluffy, creamy and melt in mouth.
Mango puree makes the Amrakhand versatile. Quality of mango matters in this recipe, pulpy mango which gives a non forgettable taste. If you want more pronounced or internsed mango flavor then add finely chopped mango pieces or increase the amount of mango puree.
If you do not want to add sugar add powdered jaggery or honey. Adjust the quantity of sweet as per the sweetness of the mangoes. The Amrakhand recipe is flavored by cardamom & saffron.
Mongo shrikhand can be served as a part of meal either with pulkas or parathas. It can be served as a dessert after finishing dinner.
Amrakhand is flavorful summer dessert which is packed with protein, calcium & probiotics.
- Hung curd – 1 cup
- Mango puree – 1 ½ cup
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Saffron – 2 strands
(soaked in warm milk)
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- I used ready-made curd which was bit watery, which gave me exactly one cup of hung curd.
- To make hung curd take a muslin cloth, spread the cloth on a sieve/ strainer, pour the curd in the cloth. Now bring the ends of the cloth together and hand it on a support to drain the water from the curd. It may take 3-4 hours.
- The curd that collected is called hung curd. In the mean time puree the mango, strain it. Soak the saffron in warm milk.
- Take hung curd, cream & condensed milk in a mixing bowl , whisk it till the mixture seems smooth and creamy.
I used a electric beater, you can use a balloon whisk .
- Now add rest of the ingredients, whisk it for few more seconds.
- Pour the prepared Amrakhand in serving bowls. Chill it for 1-2 hour.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and chopped mangoes . serve !!!
Always use fresh curd to make hung curd.
Check the taste then add sugar. As condensed milk and mangoes both are too sweet.
Make sure that you take proper hung curd, i.e. no whey should left in curd.
Use the whey in making chapattis or gravies. So use a clean bowl to collect the whey.
I have taken 1& ½ cup mango puree but you can take only one cup.