Using bread you can made so many of Dishes ,snacks,toasts,desserts,pudding etc. Bread is also used to bind the tikkies and koftas. Whenever I get a bread I always made savory dishes, in desserts I only make sahi tukra and gulabjamun.
But this time we had a worship at our home and after that I had so many types of fruits leftover with me.thought to make something different. I never repeat any dessert dishes at home.so tried this unique combination a which is turn out really good. In this recipe I have deep fried the bread balls . After successful attempt of this ,I have tried with non fried bread balls, taste was that was good but not like this dish .so thought to share this one.
- Bread pieces 10-12 pieces
- Milk 3 cups
- Custard powder 2 tsp
- Condense milk 1/4 cup
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Mixed fruit 1/4th cup
- Dry fruits 3 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying the balls
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
BREAD BALLS :
- Take each slice of bread and cut the crust. Keep aside.
- Finally Chopped fruits, dry fruits into very fine pieces. Mix cardamom powder and few tbsp of condense milk (just to bring all the ingredients all together), keep aside.
- Dip each slice of bread into water and press the slices in between your two palms and squeeze out all the water..
- Keep a tbsp of stuffing in center and bring all the edges together and seal the edges With help of little water.
- It will be like a ball.. Repeat with rest of all the bread pieces. Then deep fry it in hot oil.
Custard gravy :-
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add custard powder with little cold milk,mix well so that custard powder will mix with milk completely.
- When milk is about to boil, gradually add custard milk mixture and stir continuously.. So that no lumps will b formed. Boil for sometimes.
- Remove it add rest of condense milk to the prepared custard. Mix nicely.Remove from flame and bring it to room temperature.
- Finally add the balls in custard gravy and chill for 1 hour..
- At the time of serving use pomegranate seeds and little cardamom powder for garnishing..
- You can add any fruits of your choices but the sweet ones.
- I didn’t add sugar, I love the mild sweetness of this dish.. U can add sugar of ur choices.
- If the loaf size is big then you need to stuff little more stuffing..