Who doesn’t love ladoos. I love ladoos,infact ladoos are delicious. Ladoos are popular in India .these are ball shaped sweets,made out of flour,sugar ,oil(clarified butter) with some flavouring. Common flour which are using ladoos are, Gram flour or Chickpea flour. Ladoos are so many types like Poha ladoos, Rawa ladoos, Coconut ladoos, Oat ladoos ,mootichoor ladoos etc. These flours or the main ingredients are roasted with ghee till a nice aroma comes . Its combined with sugar & other flavouring ,then after ,its shaped into round shape, which are known as Ladoos.
Besan ladoos are popular, which is made out of besan (chickpea flour), ghee (clarified butter), and sugar. These are flavored with cardamom and shaped into tight round balls. Sliced almons,golden raisins or sliced cashew nuts are used to decorate the basan ladoos. These are truly golden butties.
Now everyone is preparing to celebrate Ganesh chaturthi..Ganesh chaturthi is a very important festival celebrated throughout India with a great devotion.
Ganesh chaturthi is also known as Vinayaka chaturthi & Ganeshotsav.As Per hindu calendar Ganesha Chaturthi is fall on the 4th day of the bright half of Bhadrapad. This day is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha.
As per the Hindu mythology Lord Ganesha is considered as ‘Vigana harths’ which means “who removes obstacles” & ‘Buddhi pradaayaka’ which stands for “one who grants intelligence”.
Lord Ganesha is the symbol of Wisdom, prosperity & good fortune.
This festival is celebrated though out inis and ladoos are consider as a favorite Prasad of Lord Ganesha.
I promose preparing prasad in this Ganesh chaturthi will be much easier.besan ladoos on gas flame takes around 30-40 miniutes to prepare.i am sharing a easy peasy microwave besan ladoo recipe which can be prepared in 6 -8 minutes including the shaping time.
INGREDIENTS :: ( for 15 ladoos)
- Chickpea flour or besan – 1 cup
- Powder sugar – 3/4th cup
- Ghee – 6 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2-3 no
- Fried cashew nut slices – 15 pc
METHOD OF PREPARATION ::
- Sieve the chickpea flour first to get a better quality ladoo.
- Powder the cardamom.
- Add cardamom powder to the sieved flour and mix it with a spoon.
- Transfer this to a microwave safe bowl .
- Add all the ghee at a time and mix it again. The chickpea flour will coated in ghee and it will looks like a dough.
- Now microwave it for 3 minutes on high power.stir once in between.
- After 3 minute ,take the bowl out of microwave mix it again with spoon.
- Now you can feel the nice aroma of the roasting chickpea flour and the colour of the flour seems deeper than normal chickpea flour.
- Now again microwave it for 40-45 seconds..i did 40 second.
- Keep your eyes on the flour to avoid burning.
- Time may vary slightly for different microwave oven.
- Now the aroma of the roasted chickpea flour will say that its done and the colour seems light brown.
- Cool it for few minutes. Touch it ,its still warm but can be handled.
- Add powder sugar and give a nice mix .It will be better if the powder sugar is sieved before added it to the chickpea flour mixture.
- Now it’s the time for shaping the ladoos.take small portion from the mixture and give the round shape and prepare the ladoos.
- Carefully place the cashew slices on the top of the ladoos .
- Its done now.
- using this receipe you can make 12 good sized or 15 medium sized ladoos.
- Microwave the chickpea flour is very important to get the proper besan ladoos.
- Chickpea flour shouldn’t be over cooked & under cooked.
- If younare unable to shaping ladoos then tbsp of warn ghee can be added .
- It can be stored in air tight cointainer.